This publication contains a variety of written, visual and electronic contributions including, but not limited to:
- Advertorials, articles for which a commercial company has paid us or a third-party to draft the article;
- News articles, short news stories that have been picked up by our editorial team and/or was brought to our attention;
- Feature article, articles that we have commissioned to specialist writers with the instruction to show, discuss, debate or explain a topic;
- Standards, relevant standards drafted by an authority;
- Contributions, articles submitted by (experienced) individuals with a keen interest in a particular matter. All contributors and contributions will be screened prior to publishing the contribution.
With the exception of Advertorials, all companies or products covered have been independently sourced based on their relevance and content appearing on this website has been compiled independent of any commercial agreement. We value our integrity and the integrity of our authors.
Companies eager to gain leverage by associating themselves with our website, can do so by taking out a commercial advertising package which strictly limits them to advertise their company through banners, inclusion in our Supplier Database or Event list and the publishing of Advertorials.
These content standards apply to any and all material which is contributed to Our Site (Contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the Netherlands and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Include or refer to, whether directly or indirectly, any product, service, website or business other than those products offered by us or our website or business.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of Our Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Our Site.
- Issue of a warning to the author.
- Legal proceedings against the author for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against the author.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.